Beginning fall 2017
4 – Units of English Language Arts
3 – Units of History and Government
3 – Units of Science
3 – Units of Math
1 – Unit of P.E./Health
1 – Unit of Fine Arts
6 – Units of Elective Courses
21 – Total Units
FLC Capstone Project Requirements:
All students attending FLC will complete the following Capstone Requirements towards graduation.
* Create a Portfolio with the Following Requirements:
- Completion of Resume and Cover Letter
- Completed Interest Inventory with Written Narrative About the Results
- Post Graduate Plan of Action
- Detailed written description of steps taken/still needed in high school
- Detailed written description of steps to accomplish plan AFTER high school.
- Completion of 10 Hours of Community Service
- Written description of all community service activities
- Interview at the End of the Year
- Students will dress up as if this was a job interview
- Student will present their portfolio to an interview committee
- Students will be asked a series of general interview questions
*Students will choose ONE of the following project options (Needs to be documented in the portfolio above)
- Score 21 or higher on the ACT or 1060 on the SAT
- Complete one year of college credit (between 24-30 credit hours) or receive a college certificate (one or two semesters long) from KCKCC or an approved institution.
- Research a desired career and complete a research paper on it.
- Include what the profession is and what they do, why you chose the profession, average salary, and the requirements needed to begin work in the chosen profession.
- Complete a “job shadow” for a day in the chosen profession and document the experience in the research paper.
- Attend a college visit or college fair for the chosen career and document the experience in the research paper.
- Acquire a work related certification (work ready certification, KCKCC short course, etc.) or be accepted into the military.